Sunday, June 22, 2008

Dolls in museums: Worms

Visiting the German city of Worms in the last months, I went, among other places, to the city museum, housed in an old abbey. In the diverse collection of artefacts housed there, there were some antique dolls and a big doll house. I felt I had to post them here.

In this glass display you can see a porcelain doll and many miniature household items and doll furniture along with a toy train:


Here is the doll house exhibited - I wonder how rich was the family that owned this.


And a close up to see the outstanding detail involved:

If I had the space at home, and could afford it, I'd love to own such a doll house! Wouldn't you?

5 comments:

  1. Ζηλεύω λέμεεεεεεε!!!!!!
    (την "έβαψες" αν έρθω σπίτι σου :)))) )

    ΑΛΛΑ
    έχω κουκλόσπιτο
    μικρό βέβαια, αλλά καλό είναι :)
    (στην αποθήκη, προβλέπω να το κληρονομεί η ανηψιά)


    Καλημέρες Στράτε μας!
    Φιλιά πολλά :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @νατασσάκι: τι το λες και δε το κάνεις?

    @kat.: ευχαριστώ και καλώς όρισες!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing! Wish I could own one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could own one too!

    ReplyDelete