Friday, February 12, 2010

A Tribute to Alexander McQueen

Alexander McQueen is my favourite fashion designer. It was a shock for me too then, to discover on the morning of February 11th that he had committed suicide. It is a loss not only for his family and friends, but also for the world - talent such as he had is rare to come by. Read more about his work in my other blog. As an hommage, I photographed Fashion Royalty's Kyori Sato in mourning with a dress that Integrity did for the 2007 Wu Event IV - it was one of the convention fashion outfits, called Lap Of Luxury. It copied blatantly one of my favourite Alexander McQueen dresses, as the theme of the convention was The Royal Life - Anglophilia ruled, so it was an obvious choice. R.I.P. Lee, we will miss you.

Black As Night Kyori Sato in mourning, wearing Lap of Luxury


Spring/Summer 2007 show - one of my very favourite dresses

3 comments:

  1. It was a great dress and a tragic loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very saddening and touching Stratos you are the best! She looks Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dress is lovely Stratos, saw your link on the WClub page. I am very sad to learn of Alexander McQueen's death, he was an amazing talent.
    Kind regards, Julie Manley (Australia)

    ReplyDelete