Sunday, January 10, 2016

First photos of the new articulated Silkstone Barbies are out!

The new year has begun and with it new fashion dolls are starting to appear. Some of the most anticipated dolls this year will be the articulated Silkstone dolls that were announced late last year. The first images have already appeared from three different sources: an interview in Wall Street Journal of Mary Jordan, stylist for Mattel (to read the interview google the article and read it from there as it is locked if you try to access it directly from the link), the instagram stream of another Barbie stylist and designer, Zlatan Zukanovic. and the official Barbie Collector site with a Robert Best interview. The dolls look really good and if the quality of the vinyl is the same as their non-articulated sisters, the bodies will be a hit for re-boding some of my Mattel dolls, depending on the final price of course.


The image above is from the Barbie Collector interview of Robert Best.


In this photo we can see four different versions of the new Silkstone.


The dolls seem to have two different bust sizes - or is it just an illusion?


Tools of a doll stylist - and the new articulated Silkstone as a red head.


Zukanovic posted this doll in his Instagram feed.


A close up.


And another shot - if I get more than one, I might keep one complete.

Photos courtesy of Wall Street Journal/Emily Berl (first three from top) and Zlatan Zukanovic (last three).

5 comments:

  1. I am excited to see this doll when she comes out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really curious about these articulated Silkstone, but as you said, it will depend from their final price (I'm going to live on my own and I have other priorities)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Articulated Silkstone Barbie dolls are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what can I say... beautiful dolls, really amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. In love with your blog! I'm absolutely OBSESSED with Maru and Friends too! I just bought Jamie, shes a beauty ! May want to consider doing a review?

    -Katy

    ReplyDelete