Thursday, June 27, 2013

Jason Wu and Christy Turlington - that's one doll I'd love to see

Jason Wu picked my all-time favourite model and muse, Christy Turlington - Burns to be the model of his Autumn/Winter 2013 ad campaign. Continuing a theme from last season, where he had fellow supermodel Stephanie Seymour photographed at La Grenouille, this time around Jason has Christy posing in Mr.Chow. Photographed by Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin and art directed by Patrick Li, the images will launch in the fall editions of Love, Tank, Self Service and The Gentlewoman. Now Mr. Wu, please please please make a doll in Christy's likeness and I will be a very very very happy man. And yes, the dresses shown would look lovely on that doll too.



4 comments:

  1. Hello from Spain: this model is very cosmopolitan. She is fabulous. I hope sells a doll like her. Pretty clothes. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  2. I truly love Jason! Gosh this is a platonic love, but I love all his project!
    I want to meet hims someday! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. I met Christy at her book signing at Neiman Marcus in Beverly Hills a few years back. She is more gorgeous in person and not only intelligent but very, very sweet. There were only a few people there to see her and I got to converse with her for a bit and she signed my book and one of her Vogue magazine covers I brought. Afterwards I went upstairs to shop and came down an hour later. She saw me coming down the escalator and greeted me by my name (which I had told her an hour before!) I was really pleased that she remembered me. My favorite supermodel. Hope Jason takes heed!

    ReplyDelete